Saturday, January 8, 2011

Texas Cookies

Img_4139

I have been dying to use my Texas cookie cutters for about a month! I got even more for Christmas, so I was even more excited to start making some really cute cookies.

Img_4135

I started out by making the same cookie dough I made when my sister and I baked Turkey Cookies at Thanksgiving. It is Paula Deen's recipe for Snowflake Cookies.

Img_4140

I cut out my fun Texas shapes, and baked them for 10 minutes at 350!

Img_4141

I let them cool, and then made royal icing from Bake at 350. She has such a cute website. The icing came out great!

I iced these cookies in honor of my friend Andrew, in celebration of the A&M bowl game yesterday! Yes, I wished I had been using burnt orange frosting, but that day will come soon enough... And I learned a very important lesson about icing gel colors - you have to buy ones that are "tasteless" otherwise the color will impart a very bitter taste into the icing. These bright marroon cookies ended up just being good for decoration, and I iced some with white icing that tasted better. I'll have to get some better icing food colors soon!

Img_4143

No comments:

Post a Comment