Friday, October 29, 2010

Pistachio Cake Cupcakes

Dedicated to Jo. 

So, for the past couple of weeks, I've had this cansiter in our living room:

Img_3393

I wanted to make some fun Halloween treats this year, because I bought cute Halloween bags last year and never used them. I wanted to use them this year! I also bought a fun Halloween cupcake kit at Marshall's. This is what the inside of my "Future Spooky Treats" canister looks like:

Img_3394

So, for a closer look, here is the cast of characters:

Img_3395

Frankenstein

Img_3396

Ghost

Img_3397

Pumpkin

Img_3398

Wicked Witch (we can call her Elphaba)

I wanted very badly to turn them into "spooky treats" (a.k.a. Halloween-colored cupcakes). So, I decided to make Pistachio Cake Cupcakes. Pistachio Cake is amazing! It is usually made in a bundt pan, and is a signature recipe of the Hafez family. It is also green and black, which is perfect for Halloween! Here is the recipe:

Img_3406Img_3407

What I did was make the exact same recipe, and then put the batter into individual cupcakes instead of one large bundt cake. 

And here is how I did it:

I gathered these ingredients:

Img_3410

Lined 24 cupcake tins with Halloween-themed papers:

Img_3401

And then, combined all of the ingredients (minus the Hershey's syrup) into my standing mixer. It looked like the Wicked Witch of the West probably did when she melted!

Img_3412
Then I beat everything on low until it was combined.
Img_3413

I beat everything on medium for 2 minutes, until it was nice and smooth.

Img_3416

I set aside about 1/3 of the batter, and distributed the remaining 2/3 of the batter evenly into the 24 prepared cupcake tins.

Img_3421
I took the 1/3 of the batter I set aside, and added 3/4 c. of Hershey's syrup.
Img_3420

And then scooped that evenly over the green batter, using my handy-dandy scooper.

Img_3424Img_3425
They went into the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

And, then I put them on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes.

Img_3427

The last thing I did was spookify them...

Img_3431

Pretty spooky, huh?

Img_3434

I know I'm scared!

Img_3441
And, the best part is, they're delicious! The green cake is yummy and spongey, and the chocolate part is fudgy... so good!

 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! If only you could send some of these in the mail...:p. Just kidding! Lisa is right, you are adorable. And pretty much the coolest person ever :)

    ReplyDelete