Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pig Costume

A couple of days ago, I got the idea to be "pigs in a blanket" for Halloween. It is perfectly appropriate for Jamie and me, since we love to make pigs in a blanket for people. See the page about our Pigs in a Blanket Factory if you don't know what I'm talking about.

It is also the perfect costume because I was able to make it for $1.00. That's my kind of costume! I don't like spending a lot of money on Halloween costumes - you only wear them one time, and they aren't very comfortable anyways.

I started with these beanie hats I found in the girls' section at Target.

Img_3444

And, they really were only $1.00!

Img_3446

All I needed was the beanies, pink and black construction paper, small cups, and elastic string. The tools I used were scissors, tape, a glue stick, and a single hole puncher.

 

I cut pink paper to fit around the top of the cup, and taped it down:

Img_3450

Then, I cut pink paper to fit around the sides of the cup, and cut the whole thing down to the size I wanted:

Img_3452

And, I cut black circles for the nose holes, and glued them on:

Img_3453

I cut out outer ears:

Img_3454

And inner ears:

Img_3455

And glued them all together:

Img_3456

I stapled the ears to the top of the hats:

Img_3457

Here is the finished hat:

Img_3458

To finish up the noses, I punched holes in the sides of them:

Img_3464

Tied on the elastic string:

Img_3467Img_3466

And ta-da! My costumes were complete!

Img_3468

 

1 comment:

  1. That is so adorable! I wish I had thought of that! But I want to see pictures of you and Jamie IN the costume!! :)

    ReplyDelete