Monday, August 9, 2010

Simple Salsa


Cambridge Cowgirl participates in the Amazon Affiliates Program, which means that by clicking on links in this post, I will earn a small commission at no cost to you. 

Img_1090



I love making salsa! My favorite salsa recipes usually involve cilantro, but this is a new one I've been making that doesn't call for fresh cilantro. It comes in handy when I can't make it to the grocery store that sells cilantro for a reasonable price or when the store is all out!

To make this super-easy salsa, throw the following ingredients into a hot pan, and then remove them from the heat when they are charred on all sides. Then, throw them all into a blender and blend. Just be careful to remember to hold the top of the blender or wait for the ingredients to cool just a bit - pouring very hot ingredients into a blender can create a kitchen catastrophe (Which I learned the hard way)!

1/2 of an onion
1 Serrano or Jalapeno pepper
3 cloves of peeled garlic
4 plum tomatoes
Finally, season your salsa with a little salt and enjoy!

Img_1095



No comments:

Post a Comment