Monday, August 30, 2010

Chex Mix

On Saturday, Jamie and I went on an adventure! I'll have to post the details of our adventure later, but for now, I'll tell you how I made the snack we took with us!

Img_2274
I started by mixing together approximately:

1.5 cups of rice chex

1.5 cups of corn chex

1 cup pretzels

1 cup cheetohs

1 cup garlic-flavored bagel chips, broken up into small pieces

Img_2275Img_2278

Next, I measured 3 tablespoons of Smart Balance, and melted it in the microwave.

Img_2276

Then, I gathered:

1 T Worcestershire Sauce

3/4 t Lawry's Seasoned Salt

1/2 t garlic powder

1/4 t onion powder

Img_2279

And then, I mixed all of the spices and worcestershire sauce into the melted Smart Balance...

Img_2280

...poured it all over the chex mix, and mixed it all together (with my hands)!

Img_2282

I stuck the mixed together bowl of future yumminess in the microwave for one and a half minutes.

Img_2285

I took it out of the microwave, and stirred it all up. Then, I repeated the microwave and stir process two more times.

Img_2287

I spread the hot mixture out onto a paper towel to cool.

Img_2288
It was really yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment