Thursday, August 26, 2010

Greek Salad

The accompaniment to the grape leaves I made last night was this greek salad. It was quite fun to make! I attempted to document it PW style, too, and here it is! 

I started with simple ingredients: oil and vinegar.

Img_2238

I put 1/4 cup of each into my pyrex with 1/4 cup of water.

Img_2240
Then I added 2 cloves of pressed garlic and approximately 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley.
Img_2244
Last I added salt and pepper. Oh yeah, and a little bit of dried oregano. After that, I poured it into my salad dressing cruet and shook it up really well (The picture of my cruet did not come out well so you'll have to imagine that part in your head).
Img_2248
Now, for the good stuff! I washed a green bell pepper, a cucumber, romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and green onions.
Img_2251

Then I chopped them all up, added a can of sliced black olives, and spun all of the water out in my salad spinner!

Img_2252
I tossed some crumbled feta cheese on top and sprinkled dill over the top.
Img_2254
It went quite well with my grape leaves! Yum!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment