Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Why I Love Texas

After a two month (or more?) break from blogging, I'm hoping to get back in the groove of things! Getting a master's degree, applying for jobs, and working/researching/taking care of a husband/keeping up with an insanely busy social life (all things that I love to do!!!) all at the same time can make things crazy! 

But, I recently got to spend a weekend traveling to my favorite state, when I remembered just why I love Texas so much. And it involves food. Two items, in particular, that I have not been able to enjoy quite the same while in any other place other than Texas: 

1. Queso

Img_0189

Queso, in its true Texas form, really just for some reason doesn't exist anwhere else. I don't understand why this is -- how hard can it be to make melted cheese? But it is... trust me, I've tried. 

2. Margaritas 

Img_0190

A Texas margarita ROCKS! On the rocks, frozen, however you like it, it will be delicious. Oh, and unlike in some crazy other places, you can enjoy a margarita at something called happy hour :) 

These are by far not the only reasons I love Texas... there are many, many more, which I will share later. But for now, this is it. 

Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment