Monday, May 16, 2011

Beef Empanadas

Img_5647
On Wednesday, I made beef empanadas, mediterranean style! They are so easy to make, and the spices and ingredients could be modified to whatever your favorite flavors are.

I started with store-bought empanada dough. It makes the empanada-making much easier!

Img_5643

Then, I sauteed some diced onions, garlics, and toasted pine nuts.

Img_5637

I added 1 lb. ground beef, cinnamon, white pepper, and salt.

Img_5639

I stirred it all together,

Img_5641

and cooked it until the meat became browned.

Img_5644

Then I scooped a spoonfull of filling, and placed it on the center of each empanada dough piece. I sprayed both the pan and the inside of the empanadas with olive oil spray first.

Img_5645

I wrapped them up and crimped the sides (like a pie!), sprayed them with olive oil spray, and baked them at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

Img_5646

We enjoyed them with fried halloumi cheese and salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment