Friday, August 2, 2013

Easy Fudge


This is one of the easiest desserts I have ever made. And it's delicious. I opened a can of sweetened condensed milk to make a Vietnamese coffee recipe, and I had no idea what to do with the rest. Considering the nutrition facts, I wanted to just throw it away, but I figured as long as I didn't use the WHOLE can, it would be okay to eat it. So, I used part of it in this fudge and it was delicious!

The pecans and white chocolate chips are optional and could be replaced by other items you may want to eat in your fudge. If I had marshmallows, I would have added them to make a rocky road fudge, but I didn't have any.

Note: This recipe makes one very small batch of fudge. If you want to make a lot for gifts or for a large party, double or triple the recipe.

Ingredients

4 to 5 oz. sweetened condensed milk
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 t. vanilla
pinch of salt
1/4 c. chopped pecans
1/4 c. white chocolate chips.

Instructions

1. Over low heat, melt chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Stir in a pinch of salt. Remove from heat. Stir in nuts, white chocolate chips, and vanilla.

2. Spread into parchment-lined small loaf pan (mine is probably 2"x4" or something similar). Chill 2 hours or until firm. Slice, eat, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment