Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Iced Coffee

Img_0757

This summer I became addicted to iced coffee. Having to wake up early every day all summer long was not easy, but this coffee got me through. Just think - ice cold coffee over ice mixed with Splenda and milk - it was a yummy way to start the morning.

My favorite coffee combo is french vanilla coffee - I fill a glass with ice and then about 3/4 full of coffee - mixed with a packet of Splenda and topped off with 1% milk. I started using a combo of half and half and skim milk, though, because Cambridge Cowboy is worried about his saturated fat intake.

Here's how to make the coffee (adapted from PW's iced coffee recipe):

1. Measure out about a cup of ground coffee. My favorite is French Vanilla from New England Coffee, but any coffee you like should work.

Img_0796

2. Pour the coffee into a 1/2 gallon pitcher

Img_0797

3. Fill the pitcher with water and let sit for 8 - 12 hours.

Img_0800

4. Using a strainer and coffee filter, cheese cloth, or paper towels, strain the grounds out of the iced coffee. Funnell the coffee into a container you can keep it in the fridge in.* Refrigerate overnight, and enjoy.

*Any pitcher would work, but I have found that a growler is the perfect size to store this amount of coffee in.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment