Monday, August 8, 2011

Spicy Pasta Salad

Img_0258

I LOVE this pasta salad! I first made it for my friend Susan's baby shower, and since then I made it for myself to eat for lunch all week. By the end of the week, I still wanted to eat more! It is super tasty and easy to make. The recipe is adapted from Pioneer Woman.

Spicy Pasta Salad with Gouda, Tomatoes, and Basil

  • 12 ounces pasta
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 4 Tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1-1/2 teaspoon adobo sauce from chipotle peppers
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • Ground Black Pepper To Taste
  • 10 ounces grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
  • 1/2 pound gouda cheese, cut into small cubes (the original recipe calls for smoked gouda but I used gouda)
  • 8 chopped basil leaves

Cook pasta. Drain and rinse in cold water until no longer hot.

Mix mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, salt, pepper, and adobo in a small bowl.

In a large bowl, stir together cool pasta, dressing, halved tomatoes, and cubed gouda. Taste for seasonings, adding more salt and pepper if needed. Stir in basil at the end. Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment