Friday, June 3, 2011

Cooking for a Crowd

Img_5724

Wow, this is a super busy time of year!

A couple of weeks ago, Jamie and I spent the week cooking finals dinners for the students of Conner 5, and ever since then I've been busy with other things and haven't had time to post about it, or anything else for that matter. 

Img_5697

We cooked for about 20 people each night - we had pasta night, taco night, hummus + falafel night (we ordered in for that!), and a pancake breakfast. I wanted to take lots of pictures (ha!), but I found that when cooking for 20 you don't exactly have a lot of extra time or energy to devote to picture taking :)

To go with the pasta dinner, I made home-made loaves of bread (which I will post how to make very soon!):

Img_5715

We served chips, salsa, and guacamole with the tacos. The students loved the freshly made guac!

Img_5772

To go with our catered falafel dinner, we put together a huge salad:

Img_5800

And one of the desserts we made were some delectable chocolate covered strawberries.

Img_5721

I washed and dried all of the srawberries,

Img_5722

and then dipped them in either white or dark Bakers chocolate.

Img_5726

They were delicious and super simple!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment