Saturday, March 12, 2011

Classic Salsa

Img_4613

This recipe is my favorite for home-made salsa.

All you need is:

  • 2 cans stewed tomatoes
  • 2 jalapenos
  • 1/3 cup (approximately) chopped sweet onions
  • 1/2 cup (approximately) chopped cilantro
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • salt and pepper, to taste

In this version of the salsa, I used one can of Rotel and one can of stewed tomatoes, but that was all I had :)

Img_4609

The salsa is really simple. All you do is combine all of the ingredients in a blender. You can seed the jalapenos if you wish. I usually put the seeds from only one of the jalapenos into the salsa.

Img_4610

Blend it all up!

Img_4611

And there you have it - freshly made salsa! Variations to the recipe include sauteeing the onions and garlic before mixing or roasting them in the oven. Any way you do it, this salsa will be better than anything you can buy at the store - I promise!

Img_4614

No comments:

Post a Comment